Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nursery Wall Coverings - Really Bill? Really?

I haven't been thinking wallpaper for the nursery.  Well, I thought about it, but I dismissed it rather quickly.  I was sure it would be too busy, that their would be enough going on without it.  I was sure that it would be too elegant, that it would add formality to an otherwise fun, playful space.  

I think I was wrong. 

Today, for whatever reason, I became interested in the idea again.  You see, I like wall coverings.  I like wallpaper and grasscloth and tile.  I like pattern and colour and texture.  So yes, thoughts started burning and churning and I became interested in the idea again.

I'm not one for overpowering a space, but an accent wall, the back wall of the space, would pop like crazy.  My wife is going to kill me.  I was supposed to keep this simple, but really, this is soooooo much more fun.


These two are just great.  Fun pattern, simple palette, just my style  



 Hilarious right?  Literally a series of goofy pairs of eyes.  Walls that are meant to be drawn on by your kids.



How much fun are these? Both are simplistic repeating graphic patterns, but they really couldn't be more different.  The top image is a series of musical instruments and animals.   Playful and fun.  The second could be played off a bit more seriously, which I like, but not formal and it will still make you smile.


Two more from Peek-A-Boo, this is their Trellis series.  It's lively, bright and happy.  A babies room should be bright and happy.


Fun in yellow, fun in blue.  


These are my colours!  The blue is maybe a bit, blue, but so close.  I need to see this in person.

Now you see, my interest was poked and prodded, and now its up.  I think we're getting some wallpaper.  

My wife is going to kill me. 

Don't ask don't tell? Better to ask forgiveness than permission?  When I find out dear readers, I will let you know. 

Bill
........................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...