Wednesday, January 23, 2013

IDS Warm Up - Miele Edition

Every year I hear about how IDS used to be better.  They're sick of the same ideas, its getting boring, the crowds are too large, there is a line up to get in.  Really? Really?  Then why are you there!  Its a blast!

IDS is fun.  Go in with a positive attitude, and come out with some new ideas.  Be friendly, speak with everyone.  Generally most people need a smile and they are all over telling you sources, giving you deals, at the Gala night it'll get you champagne! 


Warming up for IDS was easy, last Thursday night Miele held a little get together with John Tong of the recently established +tongtong.   He gave a great little talk about which, to me at least, boiled down to two things.  Passion for design, and passion within the design community.  Apt talk with IDS right around the corner.


Was it two years ago already that Miele had their two tier booth with the brilliant white appliances hidden away upstairs?  Finally launched and I've got to tell you, I'm dying to use them in a project.  At first I doubted I find a need, but I can honestly tell you I see a million different ways to incorporate them.

The Built In Coffee System is by far my favourite in the group.  Bling Bling Bling.




Look at the details on the handle, that cool little arc.  Height adjustable dispenser, grinder, polished milk container, everything polished!  And what machine is complete without a cup warmer?





So I'm warmed up. I'm ready and excited and looking forward to exploring. See you Thursday night? See you Friday?  See you at IDS.

Bill

..............................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...