Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mirror Mirror

Many, many years ago I found this mirror for $99!  It was very hard to pass up, especially for something of this size.


To let you know how old it is the black stripe use to be hunter green!  Yep I said hunter green!  It was a happening colour back in the day!


It needed to be refreshed and gold was just the ticket.






I purchased a liquid gold leaf and went to town.



I was excited to be able to paint the entire mirror with just a small amount of paint, it was a nice change but it's missing something.  I'm thinking it needs a more yellow colour to high light and possibly a darker colour to shade.  It's still a work in progress but I just wanted to show you what I've been up to in the condo.

images via 1 - me | 2 - me  | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - me | 9 - me | 

keri
...................................................................................................................................................................

1 comment:

  1. I know what it needs It needs to be in your Mother's place you know she has always loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...