Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Obligatory Designer Gift Guide


Hey everyone, with the Holidays here, and Christmas only 13 days away, I find myself still needing to pick up a few things.  This of course had me scouring the internet for gifts and really just finding things that I would like!  Since many of you are like minded, I thought I'd share my favourites.

iPad cases. I need on., I'm afraid to take mine out of the house in case I drop, scratch, dent or shatter it.  Hop on Etsy and what do I find? About a million choices.  So here, dear readers are my his and her choices.
{For Her}
Very nice felt and leather case.  The broguing is beautiful, feels strong and feminine.  I like this piece  


{For Him}

A little tougher, simpler and more masculine, this case is for a guy who wants a little sophistication in his iPad accessory choice, but still wants to be a man.

You want Furniture? I've got furniture.  2 Chairs and a desk.


The Louis Ghost Chair, designed by Phillipe Starck has been featured on here (in one knock off or another) a couple of times.  Gorgeous design, manufactured by Kartell (get the real deal if you can afford it), this will make any design aficionado in your home happy. Wouldn't it look great beside your tree?


Chair number 2, a Canadian classic, the Solair Chair. Designed by Fabio Fabiano and Michelange Panzini in Montreal in the early 70's, these chairs are stackable, cleanable, and handle the outdoors incredibly well. Maybe head down to INabstracto. Great authentic and vintage (though they sell some new as well) design store on Queen West in Toronto. You can find so many other great pieces there too.


Last in furniture, but certainly not least is this amazing desk.  This is on here simply because I want it.  Lovely wife? Reading this?  Take note....? Picture unabashedly stolen from EQ3.


For the designer you know, or maybe for you, because everyone knows we all need a couple of new items that we approve of. How about a case for your iPhone sporting the 2013 colour of the year. 


Or the ultimate colour selection helper, the Benjamin Moore Designer Kit.  If you don't already have one of these, treat yourself - I use it constantly.

Remember, these can all be purchased for you too! And no one needs to know what time of year you bought them.  There's nothing wrong with a little Christmas cheer for yourself after a years worth of hard work!

Bill
......................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...