Wednesday, December 19, 2012

New Nursery - The Colour Scheme


With Christmas fast approaching, drafting time is not something I have had in ample supply.  Tonight, I found a bit of time, and finished up the north wall elevation of the nursery.   This is my work space as I drew away tonight.  



West and North walls here.   I'll share more details with you and my thoughts on the room layout in a future post, but I thought I'd give you a sneak peek now.    


This teal blue is just gender neutral enough for accents.  And paired with grey's and creams like this piece of flooring I've been hanging onto will work well.  There are two photos from a few weeks back... 


...here they are, that I'm using as inspiration.  What I really like about them is that neither feels overly girly, or over boy(ly?!?!).  They're bright and fun and they have a sort of whimsy to them that I like.  That red, coral colour along with the teal/aquamarine/blue mentioned above are just the right pop of colour to add some fun to an otherwise neutral grey/cream room. 




Great colour palettes are tough to find, and very time consuming to develop. My starting point is from this great site I found Googling colour combos.   They take (generally) landscape photos and produce palettes from the colours in the image.  I can usually find what I'm looking for or at least a close suggestion that I can print to help give myself or my clients a quick understanding of where the project is headed.



I should be able to find some interesting scando patterns or tribal when it comes to accents around the room. For that picture grouping on the north wall either a series of drawings or  a mixture of pattern and colour.

So the process is moving ahead. Come the New Year, the hunt for a great pullout sofa begins in earnest, as well as a crib and a massive closet overhaul   

~

Take care, I'll check in with everyone a couple of times during the holidays. 
Don't drink too much, don't drink too little.  Have fun. Happy Holidays.


Bill
................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...