Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Design Destination - H.D. Buttercup - San Fran Edition Part 2



Two weeks ago I posted and showed you Timeless Treasures, an amazing little design store I came upon while visiting San Francisco. Its chock full of beautiful french inspired wonders.  Handsdown, one of the better finds I've ever had. It all developed from a quick little blurb (over at Design Sponge) online to a full fledged love affair.

Now I want to share my other favourite stop of the trip, H.D. Buttercup. This one was a total stubleupon.  Literally walking back from the Giants/Dodgers game, we walked by and saw the great entry.  How was I not going to go in to the store?  


The store covers every niche you could need.  It has a restoration hardware-ish section, that if anything, does them better.  Flags from all corners, including a little Canadiana.  The tension between the rough Union Jack of the tufted bench and the Aerospace age polished metals is something I want in my living room. 




Union Jacks on tables, chairs, benches, artwork, pillows... ...you get the idea.






There wasn't a lot of colour in the showroom, neutrals and muted tones dominated, but of those that were there, these three had to be my favourites.  Pop!  I love this red, and the yellow is great too, but can't you see that blue metal cabinet in all kinds of settings? I mean, you could put that in a farm house mudroom, an industrial office, or a living room in a loft. That's flexibility in design.  I love a store that offers that.




Speaking of that flexibility, how many stores that you know of offer metal cabinets, tufted flags and lights as elegant as this?  I want this light. I have sooooo many clients that need this light.  I should have bought and shipped this light. Don't even get me started on the ottoman pictured above it.











In the more, lets say "well lit" section of the store, there are many pieces to stop and take a look at as well.  The shelf above (ah, to make labels for those holders) would make an excellent addition to any office or wide hall wall.  Don't you want to fill it with every novel you've ever read?


To sum up, stop in at H.D. Buttercup and all of your needs will be met.  They really do cover all the bases. You can find light beachy sofa's, bright vintage chandeliers, or dark and moody industrial dressers.
  
Go by, check out the website, get what you need for your project, for your client, for yourself.

Bill
...............................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...