Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Your Choice is Clear, Lucite!



{via}


I'm fortunate in that I have a fairly large Condo (of course I live in a condo, its Toronto) to live in.  Mel and I share roughly 1000sqt. Not bad really.  We have a decent sized kitchen, space for two cooks, really large bedrooms, 2 full baths, ensuite laundry, and a +1 for an office.  Like I said, not bad.  We're comfortable, slightly cozy, and very happy.


The only thing we're really lacking is seating space.  When we have our friends and family by, dinner party, holidays etc, people end up sitting on table chairs along with the rest.  A while back I mentioned our new purchase to help with our little conundrum, however, its morphed into a new one.  Too much stuff. I hate clutter and cramped spaces.  


But we need the seating!  
You see my issue.  

{via}



My solution, is to not see the issue, but to see through it. 
My solution, as you may have guessed, is a new lucite chair or furniture piece.

I love the way that colour and texture transfer through lucite pieces, whether it be the curtains through this make-up table above, or the shirt through this chair back below.


{via}

{via}




I really love this dining set.  The plush cushions offset cleanly with the clear backs and armrests.  It also allows you see how beautiful the table is, and the great pattern in the floor can remain a highlight. 









 There are so many options and uses. Console tables like this are a pleasure to design around.  I always find them to be a little secret. You're obviously going to see the drawer unit and art first here, but when your eye finds the table, its very intriguing and adds another dimension to the wall space.


  I've come up with this bunch of images from some of my favourite sites, Design Sponge
Hege In France, and Pinterest, but I don't know which is my fav.  


Which is yours?

Bill
..........................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...