Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My inspiration

It was the summer of 1996, I had just graduated from college....(don't bother doing the math lol) and my roommate and I treated ourselves to a 2 week vacation to Nassau Bahamas, oh the memories!  When I returned I was excited about just graduating from the Interior Design program, but I wondered what my next step was, so I knew it was time to focus on my career.



Although interior design was my passion, I questioned if it was the right decision.  That summer I received my monthly copy of Canadian House and Home (which I still have today) and immediately fell in love with the cover apartment.  The armoire cabinet, the black and white tiles and of course that bed.  I loved it all and read up on the apartment owner and found out it was Suzanne Dimma.  I found inspiration in that issue and I felt it gave me the push I needed to continue on this design path.
1,2,3
I always kept my eyes open for her furture work and I looked forward to seeing her ecletic style published.  I was even more excited when it was announced she would be the next editor-in-chief of Canadian House and Home.  My favourite magazine and my favourite designer in one spot...I became a die hard fan for sure.



all pics via Canadian House and Home
Her spaces are just my style, eclectic, fresh and inviting.  Even to see the new use of armoire is great!

Thank you Suzanne for always being my source of inspiration.

Do you guys have a favourite designer or architect?

keri
.......................................................................................................................................







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...