Thursday, February 9, 2012

IDS 2012 - Favourite Booths!


Hits the Interior Design Show for a night out and a viewing of all the talent in Toronto and beyond!
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................


Inside Norway


      Favourite booth, we don't make it easy do we?  The show was a lot of fun this year, but if I have to choose one, it would have to be the booth that actually sold me on a product, the Inside Norway booth.  Although the entire booth was filled with great products,  furniture and textiles, there were a couple that really caught my eye and one that caught my wallet!


Scandia Chair, I love these slats
     The first is the Scandia Chair by Spinnaker. They have a few versions, one stackable, one lounge and the Scandia Senior Easy Chair. That was my favourite version. Very stable and very spinnable!


Relax Chair
     My favourite in the booth was the Relax Chair. I know its my favourite, because I ordered one! The chair was released to celebrate furniture designer Hodnebo's 100th anniversary. Oak, linen (Or sail), rope and leather, I love the simplicity.


Relax Chair, looks comfy eh?
I'll update you when I have it assembled and sitting in my space.... ....I think I have the perfect spot for it!


Bill
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................


Silk Orchid Collection by Elte


     I typically love all white rooms with pops of accent colours, however this year I was so drawn to the Elte booth at the interior design show.  The greys, dark furniture and large over scale, sparkling chandeliers felt very warm and inviting.  The one thing that really caught my eye were the gorgeous rugs scattered about the
display.


     I couldn't even begin to describe these rugs, you would have to be able to feel them to appreciate how beautiful they are.  The small description card hung beside each rug made me fall in love with them even more;



" The secret to these rugs is the recycled sari silk that goes into them.  Vintage Sari Silk dresses are collected, unravelled and them hand knotted into these exceptional, one of a kind masterpieces.  The patterns are inspired by antique ikat fabrics that emphasize the transition from one magnificent colour to the next"
Jamie Metrick


Be sure to check out their facebook page for more amazing pictures.


keri
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................


small space, BIG DESIGN




Taylor Hannah Architect
     The Interior Design Show is always a fun time for me, not only is it a great excuse to drink some bubbly, but a great time to see what's new and exciting.  This year I had the difficult decision to pick my favourite booth and although I did notice a lot of great spaces, this little number took the cake. 


Taylor Hannah Architect

     This tangerine and cream confection is designed by Taylor Hannah Architect and is only 200 square feet. They seamlessly placed a kitchen, bath, living and bedroom in this small space. The bold use of colour and pattern was a great example of how you can have fun, no matter the size of your home.


Stephanie
......................................................................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...