Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rocket Bakery and Fresh Food



Ever head out on vacation find yourself stumbling upon a bit of home?  Or maybe parts of what you wish were in your home and life? These are a few of those times in my life.
  1. Having a beer at a street side cafe in Brussels
  2. Waking up and following my feet through Naramata after a night spent enjoying Okanagan wines
  3. Strolling to a bakery each morning for a coffee and a new treat

Its even better when its an unexpected find, and once in, the treats are better than you realized.  This is how my one week love affair with Rocket Bakery began.  

Slightly unassuming from the outside, its quirky, retro colour scheme and font drew me in (the word bakery on the sign didn't hurt either).   

Once inside the cool decor continues.  Horizontal Board on the walls feels very locally inspired and balances well with the overall comfy vibe.  I really love 50's retro.  





Free icewater is available, if coffee isn't on your mind, but it should be, because its excellent, and they know how to make it well. And seriously, check out these delicious treats.  That pecan tart may have called my name, admittedly, a couple of times.


See Below - Yup, there it is, or least half of it.

Grab a free copy of The Scope to give you  a heads up on local events. Goes well with anything.




Its not just sugar and snacks though, they have gluten free, they have great sandwiches (try the balsamic marinated veggie) and they have an open and friendly atmosphere.  If you're in St.John's, take the time and stop in. 

I did, and my stomach couldn't be happier with me for doing it!


Oh, and check out my pinterest, I pinned one other pic up there earlier this week.

Bill
.................................................................................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...