Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Frank

In the summer of 2009 I had the most amazing opportunity to attend the 50th anniversary of the Guggenheim Museum in New York.  For those that know me, they know the love have for Frank Lloyd Wright.

via
Not necessarily him as a person but for his vision and his creative abilities. In my opinion he was genius. From all of his projects my favourite has to be the Guggenheim.  I love it so much I even have the tea pot and some cups of the Guggenheim, it's beautiful...I plan on getting the entire set one day.

  Sure Falling Water is amazing but it doesn't speak to me like the Guggenheim does.  

via
My first sight of the Guggenheim was taken as we were walking down 5th Ave, below is a shot of my view. I have this picture enlarged and hanging over my bed.

Picture taken by me.
For some reason I have these pictures in black and white...it's more about the form than the colours in and around it.

Picture taken by me.
Although we were not allowed to take pictures once inside, I was able to capture a few.

Picture taken by me
I walked the exhibit in complete silence, not only was I in my favourite building but I was also viewing the entire collection of his work.  Drawings, sketches and notes were on every level of this building.  

If I had to pick a second runner up for one of his creations it would have to be the Robie House in Chicago. If you ever get a chance be sure to see this home, as well  take a trip out to Oak Park to see his home and studio.  I promise it is well worth the trip.  

via

If you love to read Loving Frank is an amazing read.

via

I'm thinking I need to plan another trip to either New York or Chicago....anyone up for a road trip??

keri
................................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...